Thursday 15 November 2012

and 


The podcast produced was aimed to highlighting the issue of juvenile delinquency in the education system. To complete this task my colleagues and I interviewed three students and also conducted a panel discussion.  As a group we decided to create multiple files for the recordings and then use those recordings to create the final product. 

The podcast was made using the audacity podcast software. The creation of the overall recordings was pretty easy however the tedious task was in editing the podcast and making it into an MP3 file(I was in charge of this aspect).  After the podcast was edited, it was discovered that  the file could not be exported without a mp3 encoder. After much attempts I was successful in downloading the LAME mp3 encoder which is the software that is used by audacity. 

In trying to export the file another unfortunate error was made. I renamed the file before exportation and when I attempted to do the export to MP3 a dialogue box indicated that the path to the file could not be found. I then had to go over the editing process. 

The podcast could be improved after more manipulation of the software and its functions.  In gaining more knowledge on podcasts some degree of mastery is predicted.


No comments:

Post a Comment